Sunday, May 25, 2008

equality?

(this is by no means a generalisation, there are very professional women, and they dont fall into the stereotype described herein)

(Friday evening)
Scene : deadline nearing
Head(H) : "Everyone must work over the weekend! We have a crunch situation, we need to prove ourselves to the customer"

Female Coworker 1(FC1) : my husband wants to take me to for the weekend for a wedding in his family.
H: ohh hahahaha so lucky . Go by all means!

Female Coworker 2(FC2) : My mum in law is in town over the next three weeks. i cant come over the weekend.
H: *nodding to self* ohh yes, i too want my wife to be treatings my Maather with respuckt. please give your MIL my regards.

Me: I have some important bank work thats overdue.
H: ohhh nonono ... you have to come, you have to set an example for the younger entrants in the team ! look at me, i bought and im working from home too! (yeah like Excel takes a lot of brainpower?) defer your work, ill give you any day off next week, except we have a deadline next week, so i cant give you any day off till (4 months from now)

--- Equality ? what equality ?

where are all the sensible professional women coworkers ?

1 comment:

FifthBeatle said...

Seems to me that the boss is really the problem not the female co-workers, no?

What do you mean by where are the "sensible female co-workers"? The females were probably the only sensible ones in this story!